Sunday 30 July 2017

Saturday 29 July. Llangurich to Rhayader.

We left our b&b at Llangurich in fine but overcast weather about 9:30am. Miraculously we managed to dry out our things using 4 spare bath towels, supplied by the landlady, and a single bathroom towel rail heater!

Although the weather was clear when I tried to take my first photograph this morning, it looked very cloudy indeed on the photograph.  Water had condensed on the inside of the window of the cell phone camera! I had to put the lens window on Shiel's warm cheek to evaporate the water.

It was a great, if hard walking day today. There were two big hill sections separated by a section beside the Wye.






The hill sections were tiring but provided one with extensive views from the summits. On top of the first hill there was a gate, on its own, with no fence either side of it.




We had to use Shiel's tablet to navigate today as I also believe yesterday's moisture as put an end to my GPS receiver.











We were walking for about 8 hours including 3 stops. I think we are slowing down!!!!

Photographs will be added later when I have time, and an app. to shrink them. They have been selected.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Friday 18 August. R&R Chepstow.

We spent today sightseeing in Chepstow, definitely worth a visit! The castle must be one of the best preserved in the UK. There are two tour...